ORDINARY RETIREMENTS JUST HAPPEN—
EXTRAORDINARY ONES ARE MADE TO HAPPEN!
- Sponsored Workshops
- Retirement Coaching
- Strategic Consulting
- Joint Marketing Opportunities
- Sales Force Training
- Speaking and Keynoting
Welcome to my website and book Retirement: Different by Design and, the Six Fundamental Building Blocks That Will Fundamentally Change the Way Life After Work is Viewed, Planned For and Lived.
My name is Dr. Rick, and I wrote Different by Design because I failed. That’s right, I failed to freely accept what retirement offered, a second chance a mulligan life’s one and only do-over. Not satisfied with how others defined, described and portrayed both retirees and retirement I decided to find out what this modern phenomena is really all about. Approaching retirement from the “inside looking out” I applied my over four decades of university leadership,life experience, consulting, scholarship, behavioral and social research to understanding retirement’s moving parts — all of them; what retirement is and is not and, why retirement works for some but not for others. Which side of the fence do you want to be on?
Who Should Read this Book?
- The Soon-To-Be-Retired who don’t want to let chance or fate become their default retirement plan.
- Prospective retirees seeking answers to retirement’s three most important questions:
- How will I know when I am really ready to retire?
- What am I going to do with the rest of my life?
- Can I afford the retirement lifestyle I want; or, will I run out of money before running out of life?
- Reluctant Retirees fearful of leaving work and a regular paycheck for a world and life they have yet to explore, understand or even yet desire.
- The Already Retired who are bored to tears, thinking about going back to work, ingesting too much food and other unhealthy substances not knowing how to turn their retirements around.
Not Your Usual Retirement Book
Retirement: Different by Design is not your usual retirement book with a focus on money while disregarding those “non-monetary” life-changing challenges retirement presents to the uninitiated. Put less delicately, how retirement – something so wanted – can actually bite us in the butt if we aren’t fully prepared for one of life’s most profound transitions.
Directly addressing our retirement hopes, concerns and questions Different by Design offers answers, not more questions by providing the insights, tools, narratives and models — a road map for moving confidently into “life after work” and for making retirement the “best years of the rest of our lives”.
While life at any age and stage should be an adventure; retirement, my fellow travelers, can be the greatest adventure of all—ENJOY THE RIDE!